The Day You Were Born

A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world - John 16:21


Hey little man! Today I'm writing to you about your birth. Even though you're only 7 weeks old, I already miss you oh-so-tiny and brand new!
Kayden Matthew Creamer
11-22-11
1:57pm
8lbs 12.5oz


On Monday morning, November 21, 2011, Daddy and I went to the hospital for me to have an NST.  While getting my NST the nurse said your heart rate wasn't going up the way it should when you moved. So then they sent me for an ultrasound. Your dad and I were worried something was wrong, but I held my tongue and prayed to God. The ultrasound showed my fluid levels were low. So the water that surrounded and protected you inside my  tummy was leaking. It was at a dangerous level. After the ultrasound they told us to wait in the waiting room.

Finally, a nurse came into the waiting room and said to me. "Chelsea, how do you feel about having a baby today?" Obviously I felt excited! They further explained that the fluid levels were low but you were ok. It was just time to get you out of Mommy's belly and into the world! By noon I was in a room and given pitocin to jump start my contractions. We called my mom and daddy's mom and had them bring up our bags because we knew we would be there for a few days. As my contractions got stronger, the doctors noticed I wasn't dilating. Then the waiting game REALLY began!

We waited hours and hours for me to dilate. My mom (your Mi-Mi) came around seven o'clock Monday evening to sit with us and wait for you to come. We watched some movies, tried to sleep and talked for hours. We watched "Gnomeo and Juliet", "You again", and one other movie that I can't remember. I got an epidural to ease my pain and daddy was really mad that he couldn't stand by my side to comfort me when they gave it to me. But he was ok. I watched Daddy sleep, and Mi-Mi sleep. I stayed up all night waiting for you! Around 8am your Aunt Sherry came to wait with us. The wait was almost over.

Around noon on Tuesday, the 22nd, the doctor came in and told us I would have to have a c-section. They were going to cut open my belly and pull you out. Everyone was nervous for me, but Daddy was most of all. He didn't want to see Mommy cut open. He wished I didn't have to go through so much. I watched him cry and told him I knew things would be just fine. Because pretty soon, we would have you in our arms!

After 26 hours of labor and being cut open, I felt a lot of pressure and tugging. Then...at 1:57pm, the most beautiful sound I have ever heard: Your very first cry! Daddy had an enormous smile from ear to ear, still visible through the mask. His tears then were not for me but of joy for seeing his first and only son for the first time. I loved it. I loved him. Most importantly, I loved you. I loved you from the moment I first heard you cry.

Daddy holding Kayden for the first time
Kayden, you are our world. You mean everything to your Daddy and I. You truly are a blessing from God! Don't ever forget, you are our sunshine!
Mommy holding Kayden for the first time right after surgery

Comments

Popular Posts