Learning Colors with homemade bath paint!

Rainbow Bathpaints that don't stain the tub or the kid? 

Kayden's been learning colors lately so I saw a couple simple recipes on pinterest for homemade bath paints. The first thing that came to mind was: "I'm about to risk staining my child and my tub." but after seeing about a gazillion recipes all using food coloring [Yes I know we've all had the dreaded food coloring stains but stay with me here.] I figured I'd go for it and risk it. All these recipes I saw called for three basic items I knew I had around my house. Cornstarch (I admit I had to run out and get this), shampoo/bubble bath/body wash, and food coloring. So after running to the store for the cornstarch, and making a couple other fun things with it [posts on those later], we were definitely in need of a bath! I grabbed the baby bath soap, corn starch, and the all-so-staining food coloring and set to work! I put the soap in the bowl then added the cornstarch to make our base then divided it up into our ice tray and added the food coloring. Mixing these paints up took all of 5 minutes! The bath that took place after we had our paints ready? That was about an hour of peaceful blissful care free bath fun!!! Oh and the food coloring? Not a single stain even when it got on our very porous wallpaper-like panel board walls! This project gets an A+ for price, ease AND please!











Ingredients:
• 1 cup bubble bath (any bath wash your kiddo loves will work as long as it's clear)

• 5tbsp cornstarch

• food coloring

Supplies:
• fork
• mixing bowl
• ice cube tray or anything with small compartments to hold the paint
• a couple toothpicks (optional)

Instructions:
• in a mixing bowl mix bubble bath and cornstarch until smooth. Using a fork helps to eliminate any clumps. This is your base.

• pour equal amounts into the compartments of the ice tray or whatever you are using. Divide it into as many wells as colors you want. We did a full side of the tray and made a rainbow of colors (breakdown below)

• now add 1-2 drops of food coloring in each well. Stir with a toothpick (anything works)

For the colors we did I just did the eight wells like this:

1. Two drops of red
2. One drop red one drop yellow
3. Two drops yellow
4. Two drops green
5. One drop green one drop blue
6. Two drops blue
7. One drop blue one drop purple (if you don't have purple just do red and blue)
8. Two drops purple

Enjoy! Body paint, paint the tub, do it all! It comes right off no stains! Leave your comments and let me know! Below is a link to this site called Listia. Similar to ebay but you bid with credits you earn. :)


Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts