Finally Friday Five Years Later

Wow! It’s been five years since I’ve posted to this blog! Guess it’s time for a MAJOR update, huh? 


There’s now two little Creamers 

Yep! That’s right! The Creamer Crew has been busy these past five years! We’ve moved to a different house, in a new town, and added another baby to our little family. Around the time of my last post, we had been trying to get pregnant and nothing was working for us. I tried everything from family planning calendars to taking prenatal supplements to help aide my reproductive system to get in line. It just wasn’t working for us. After about four months of trying, we found out that my thyroid condition, Hashimotos Thyroiditis, is known to cause fertility problems and even complete infertility. I was crush. I mean completely crushed. The depression that stems from news like that is something you can’t even fathom until you’re going through it, and there I was. A sweet three year old on my hip looking at that doctor like he had just slapped me. I told Mr. C I was done. I was giving up. I just couldn’t handle seeing that little negative sign month after month. So we stopped the family planning calendars and prenatals, and decided it just wasn’t in the cards for us to have another one. I released the anxiety and need to do things a certain way because “that’s what they say helps”. I let my mind rest and got cozy in the depression. Exactly one month... ONE MONTH... after deciding to stop trying, I missed my period. I was angry. I was sad. I thought the universe was just playing some trick on me. So I sulked my way to the bathroom at 9:30 that night to pee on the despised stick. Almost instantaneously that puppy lit up with a BIG FAT POSITIVE! My ego was prego and I had just got comfy with the idea this wasn’t happening! We were elated, and spent the next eight months preparing for a new baby and moving to a home that could handle our new family size. Two short months after moving to our new house, she was here. That fast!


Caia Rose

Caia Rose was born on November 13th 3015 weighing just over 7lbs. After all the pain and stress of getting pregnant with her, I was beyond adamant I would do a VBAC. And guess what? I sure did! It wasn’t easy by any means, but it was soooo much faster in both delivery and recovery, than with Kayden. She came out with the same bright red hair as her big brother, who just adored her. I was complete. I was happy. We were all so welcoming to this new chapter in our lives, and oh what a chapter it’s been!


Where I plan to take this blog

So I’ll be real with you here. I have an (almost) eight year old and a four year old. Posting regularly is a goal for me but we’ll have to see how manageable that is. I do want to go back to the fun stuff. Mommy Mondays, Science Sundays and Finally Fridays. Its gonna be hella different. I’m hella different now, so slowly we’ll get this blog up to speed too! The Letters to Kayden (and now Rosey too) will still be a thing from time to time. With that said, however, I’m in a phase in my life right now where remembering who I am is just as important to me as raising my little moonbeams! So bare with me through this bumpy transition, and we’ll be just fine! 


Comments

Popular Posts