I'd rock you for hours

I'd rock you for hours
If that's what it took
I'd read to you
All of your favorite books

I'd smother you in kisses
Bundle you in hugs
If that's what it took
For you to dream my little bug

My arm is asleep
And your eyes are still staring
Even in the dark
They sparkle so caring

Your legs are still squirming
You put up quite a fight
But it's okay this time
Lets spend extra time tonight

For as I rock you now
I see how big you're growing
And I wonder when
Did the newborn look stop showing

I swear I just blinked
It goes by so fast
I wish I could make
Your childhood last

Tomorrow you'll be exploring
Wondering what trouble you can cause
And I'll stare in amazement
That another day was lost

So let me rock you for hours
Lets spend some extra time
Because you're growing too fast
Sweet boy of mine

Comments

Popular Posts